Credit card processing via the Internet is quickly gaining traction with merchants for its ease of use, speed, security and cost efficiency. At Data One, our web-based payment gateways combine the functionality of an electronic counter-top terminal with the power to process transactions online. Merchants are able to accept credit and debit cards with a single integrated system that is flexible enough to add and change features as their needs change.
How Internet Credit Card Processing Works
Online credit card processing can handle card present (face-to-face retail) or card-not-present (CNP) transactions. The latter includes purchases made on a website, and by phone or mail order. The process – which is typically completed in just seconds – begins when credit card data is entered into the system either by swiping the card through a card reader or by entering it manually on a keypad or web payment page. The information is transmitted securely through an Internet connection from the merchant to the processor, who passes it along to the card issuer/bank. The issuer authorizes or declines the transaction and notifies the processor. The processor sends the authorization to the merchant, who completes the sale and issues a receipt. Within 1-2 days, we deposit the proceeds from the sale into the merchant’s checking account.
Internet & E-Commerce Processing Features
- Multi-User Tiered Access to network multiple locations and users, creating varying levels of access to the centralized payment processing system.
- Internet gateway to connect your customers to your virtual shopping cart, obtain secure authorizations and settle transactions automatically.
- Virtual terminal offering secure, real-time credit card transactions and the ability to process payments, returns, and voids.
- Recurring payments offer you the ability to establish a payment plan up front which requires little or no monitoring at all.
- Existing Software Interface that’s all you need – no additional software or hardware! It can transform an existing device with an IP connection into a payment processing engine.
- POS Terminals that instantly network with a payment gateway and can convert any wireless handheld device into a POS terminal with fully-integrated card swiping technology.
- Real-Time Online Reporting to improve your efficiency by monitoring credit card sales through comprehensive 24/7 online reporting.
- ACH transactions (Automated Clearing House), or electronic funds transfer, through a payment gateway converts paper checks into electronic checks at the point of sale — no more going to the bank and waiting in line to deposit paper checks.
Internet Credit Card Processing from Data One
As a merchant services provider, We have set up thousands of businesses across all industries with everything they need for Internet credit card processing, including merchant accounts, PCI-compliant hardware and software, and access to an industry-leading gateway.